A more comfortable environment
Apart from being annoying, traffic congestion generates environmental pollution and significant economic loss. A Road User Charging (RUC) system enables the control of traffic volumes by making the best use of a road network system. Our company builds various kinds of RUC systems, including an Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) system that uses electronic tolling to control the inflow of traffic toward the city center in Singapore, an Electronic Parking System (EPS) that collects parking fees automatically using the same technology adopted by the ERP in Singapore, and next-generation ERP system that uses satellite-positioning technology.
- On-board Unit (OBU) and charging gates (gantries)
- Gantries are installed around the city center where congestions frequently occur. The vehicles entering the city center will be charged when they pass the gantry.
- MLFF system
- A Multi-Lane Free Flow (MLFF) system contributes to the reduction of congestion by simultaneously charging multiple vehicles on multiple lanes, without slowing down the driving speed.
- A flexible charging amount
- Amount of RUC is flexible based on the vehicle type, location, day of the week, time of the day, and other factors, which contributes to control traffic volumes effectively. Introduction of ERP has reduced 20% of the traffic volume in maximum.
- Cameras mounted on the gantries capture the license plates of vehicles whenever violation is detected. Accurate automatic number plate recognition enables to identify the driver and to fine later which serves to control and restrain violations.
EPS using ERP technology
- The OBUs used in ERP system are also applied for parking payments.
- Stress-free payment method
- Drivers are no longer burdened to stop and open a window for paying the parking fee since the roadside antennas communicate with the OBU and deduct parking fee automatically. This contributes to ease congestion at the entrance/exit of the parking lots.
Next-generation ERP system
- Satellite-positioning technology
- Where previous system relies on communication between OBU and gantries, the Next-generation ERP system pinpoints the vehicle's position by satellite signals.
- More beautiful cityscapes
- Since gantry structures are not necessary by using satellite-positioning technology, a better urban landscape will be realized.
- Flexible positioning of charging locations
- A gantry-less system also means that charging locations could be changed flexibly to the most appropriate position based on the big data analysis.
- New services
- Besides charging vehicles, the system also enables to provide additional services such as providing traffic information to drivers.