Tokyo, October 5, 2023 - ΣSynX (Sigma Syncs) is the Digital Innovation (DI) brand of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (MHI). It incorporates the four elements shown in the figure below, and based on the concept of "Smart Connections," aims to combine intelligence and technology to facilitate coordination between humans and machines.
MHI possesses a technological foundation that encompasses approximately 700 technical fields, more than 500 products, thousands of machine modules, 31 business sectors, and a diverse range of data and expertise, from development of complex machinery to operation and maintenance. By combining this with technologies and knowledge from around the world, MHI will expand the possibilities of value creation to the greatest extent possible.
MHI will realize a safe and secure world by presenting a vision for the future of society, and responding flexibly and promptly to changes in society, as well as challenges such as carbon neutrality.
ΣSynX Application Examples
Solutions to Support Ecosystems
- Automatic picking, warehousing, and receipt and shipment for warehouse logistics
- Optimization of equipment and operations for refrigerated temperature-controlled warehouse logistics
- Energy efficiency and decarbonization for data centers
- Optimization of operations and maintenance for critical infrastructure (TOMONI®)
- Optimization of operations and maintenance for the renewable energy business
- Marine ammonia handling system for utilization of ammonia on board ships
- Intelligent plant inspection explosion-proof robot "EX ROVR"
- Intelligent and integrated monitoring of steelmaking machines
- Integrated monitoring of the compact CO₂ capture system "CO₂MPACT™" for various industry sectors
- Integrated monitoring of vehicles for transportation systems
- Security for industrial control systems to defend against cyberattacks on critical infrastructure
Broad scope of applications for ΣSynX
The ΣSynX concept
- 2021 Medium-Term Business Plan Progress (April 5, 2023)
- "MHI Announces "ΣSynX" Automation and Intelligence Solution"
- "MHI and Mitsubishi Logisnext to Commence Provision of Automated Picking Solutions for Warehouses Based on "ΣSynX""
- "Joint Demonstration of Automated Picking Solution Launched in Collaboration with Kirin Group"
- "MHI Unveils Two Models of Unmanned Forklifts Using "ΣSynX" - Showcasing the future of unmanned logistics at the International Logistics Exhibition 2023 3rd INNOVATION EXPO"
https://www.mhi.com/jp/news/23091102.html (Japanese only)
- "MHI to Establish New "Digital Innovation Headquarters" to Transform Customer Business Models through "Smart Connections""
- "SynX™-Supervision: A Software Platform Making Social Infrastructure Intelligent and Remote Operation Ready" (MHI Technical Review)
- "MHI to Provide the "ΣSynX Supervision" Remote Monitoring Service as a Digital Innovation Brand -- Full-Scale Implementation for Compact CO2 Capture Systems and Transportation Systems" --
About MHI Group
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) Group is one of the world’s leading industrial groups, spanning energy, smart infrastructure, industrial machinery, aerospace and defense. MHI Group combines cutting-edge technology with deep experience to deliver innovative, integrated solutions that help to realize a carbon neutral world, improve the quality of life and ensure a safer world. For more information, please visit www.mhi.com or follow our insights and stories on spectra.mhi.com.