MHI embraces a basic policy for employee health and safety founded on the following three commitments: (1) Safety is the number one priority. We will do everything in our power to protect lives; (2) We devote every effort to safety in creating outstanding products that contribute to the development of society; and (3) Our physical and mental wellbeing is fundamental to everything we do at MHI Group, and we must continue to elevate and embrace a culture of health and safety across our workplaces. This policy extends to subcontracted companies engaged in business with our employees. Based on these principles, we operate an occupational health and safety management system throughout the Company to create safe, pleasant workplaces. As part of efforts related to occupational health and safety, the Central Production Committee, chaired by the executive officer in charge of HR, performs regular consultations and follow-ups on progress regarding health and safety management plans. Every month, the health and safety committee at each work location, comprising the health and general safety manager, employees, and the labour unions, meet with health and safety committees in each division. In addition, we consult with labour unions on a regular basis.
Frequency rate of industrial accidents requiring leave
Manufacturing industry average
Basic Policy for Employee Safety and Health
The MHI Group Health and Safety Policies
Our Health and Safety Principle
At the MHI Group, safety is the number one priority. We will do everything in our power to protect lives.
Our Health and Safety Policies
- Each and every one of us across the MHI Group must join forces as one united team to maintain and heighten our health and safety standards.
- We hold health and safety as a top priority at each of the MHI Group companies by establishing procedures, defining roles and responsibilities, and engaging in health and safety initiatives.
- To prevent occupational accidents or illness, we work to continually enhance our health and safety initiatives by setting measureable goals and evaluating results.
- We minimize risks at the workplace by assessing all potential issues and implementing appropriate measures to ensure a safe and secure work environment.
- It is a responsibility of each one of us at the MHI Group to learn, understand, and comply with our health and safety policies and procedures, as well as applicable laws and regulations, through education and training programs.
- Our physical and mental wellbeing is fundamental to everything we do at the MHI Group. We must continue to elevate and embrace a culture of health and safety across our workplace.
- CSR Management
- Contributions to Society
- CSR Library