Reason for Publishing and Positioning of This Report (ESG DATA BOOK)
Keeping its principles and Group Statement as its base, MHI Group aims to continue its development alongside the changing world by responding to the present and future issues and needs of society with a variety of technologies and services.
To enhance the understanding of our philosophy among all of our stakeholders, we have integrated financial information, including management strategy and operating performance, with non-financial information related to the Group's environmental and social activities into the MHI Report (MHI Group Integrated Report). This ESG Report (ESG DATA BOOK) functions as a supplementary document to the MHI Report and summarizes information pertaining to environmental, social, and governance (ESG), meant to introduce detailed performance data of our ESG efforts to all of our stakeholders, who possess a vested interest in this information.
Structure of Information Disclosure
The MHI Report contains financial and non-financial information that is important to understanding MHI Group.
The ESG DATABOOK and the Company SUSTAINABILITY website contain more detailed non-financial information.
Target organization: In principal, the scope of reporting includes MHI and its consolidated subsidiaries.
The scope of some information is for MHI on a non-consolidated basis, in which case it is identified as such.
Target period: From April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021 (includes information on some activities after March 31, 2021)
Reporting cycle: Annual (Previous report: November 2020, revised report: June 2021))
Date published: November 2021
To enhance the reliability of data, we have received third-party assurance.(For details, please see pages ESGDATABOOK2021 p.90-94.)
- Environmental and Social data subject to third-party assurance is indicated with √
- Assurance Statement on Materiality Disclosure (PDF/661KB)
- Assurance Statement on Social Data (169 KB)
- International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC) International Integrated Reporting Framework
- Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Sustainability Reporting Standards
- Ministry of the Environment of Japan Environmental Reporting Guidelines (2018 version)
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan's "The Guidance for Integrated Corporate Disclosure and Company-Investor Dialogues for Collaborative Value Creation"
- National Standards Bodies Guidance on social responsibility ISO26000
- Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
Forecasts regarding future performance presented in these materials are based on judgments made in accordance with information available at the time this presentation was prepared. As such, these projections involve risks and uncertainty.
For this reason, investors are recommended not to depend solely on these projections for making investment decisions.
It is possible that actual results may change significantly from these projections for a number of factors. Such factors include, but are not limited to, economic trends affecting the Company's operating environment, currency movement of the yen value against the U.S. dollar and other foreign currencies, and trends of stock markets in Japan. Also, the results projected here should not be construed in any way as being guaranteed by the Company.