These Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) SNS official account community guidelines (hereinafter referred to as the “Guidelines”) stipulate the rules that govern your access and use to the SNS official accounts operated by the Company (hereinafter referred to as the “Official Accounts”) and the services associated with the Official Accounts. These Guidelines apply to all persons accessing, using, or interacting with the Official Accounts, so please read them carefully. By accessing, using, or interacting with the Official Accounts, you accept and agree to be bound by these Guidelines.
The Official Accounts are as follows. In the case that separate community guidelines are stipulated for any of the Official Accounts, please only use those Official Accounts after confirming and agreeing to those community guidelines as well as these Guidelines.
Operation of the Official Accounts
Operator: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
Content: A variety of information related to all aspects of the business activities of the Company
Operating period: operation of any of the Official Accounts may be suspended or terminated at any time without prior notice.
Replies to Comments and Messages
The Company may not be able to reply to all of the comments and messages submitted to the Official Accounts, however we will try our best to listen to your feedback and respond to questions that you may have.
Social Media Commenting Policy
The Company reserves the right to delete any posted content. In particular, the Company will take measures that it thinks are necessary, including removing content or blocking applicable user accounts, in the case of any comments or posts on the Official Accounts that:
- cause or could cause disadvantage or damages to the Company or any third party;
- damage the honor or reputation of or slander or defame the Company or any third party;
- infringe the copyrights, portrait rights, industrial property rights or any other rights of the Company or any third party;
- slander or defame, or could slander or defame, the products or services of the Company or any third party;
- damage or could damage the reputation or dignity of the Company or any third party;
- pretend or falsely purport to be the Company or any third party;
- inconvenience or cause disadvantage or damages, or could inconvenience or cause disadvantage or damages, to the Company or any third party;
- identify, disclose, or leak personal information without the authorization of the person the information is about;
- consist of criminal actions or actions that lead or could lead to criminal actions;
- are or could be contrary to public order and morals or in violation of laws, regulations or ordinances;
- contain expressions that could cause offense to a third party (indecent or obscene expressions, violent or cruel expressions, discriminatory expressions, etc.);
- relate to marketing activities, political activities, or religious activities carried out on behalf of oneself or any third party;
- cause or could cause the misunderstanding that the user is in any form of alliance or cooperative relationship with the Company or any third party or the misunderstanding that the Company or any third party recognizes, guarantees, supports, or recommends a site or a link;
- consist of or could consist of using or providing harmful programs;
- contain a direct URL;
- post links in a form that damage the clarity of the Official Accounts, such as frame links, etc;
- are for the purpose of affiliates, advertising and promotions;
- contain content that has no relationship to the purpose of the Official Accounts;
- obstruct or could obstruct the operation of the Official Accounts or provision of the services; or
- the operator of the Official Accounts otherwise judges to be inappropriate.
For the purposes of the above paragraph, references to the Company shall include officers and employees of the Company.
User Content and Conduct
- The Company is not responsible for any user-generated content and information (comments, photos, videos, etc) posted to or appearing on the Official Accounts. Such user-generated content is solely the responsibility of the user or commenter and users will be held accountable for any damages the Company may incur as a result of the user-generated content that they submit. The Company does not review, edit, or endorse user comments and makes no representations regarding their accuracy, safety or applicability.
- User-generated content and information posted on the Official Accounts may be viewable publically, and the Company is not responsible for any such user-generated content and information posted on the Official Accounts. Do not post any user-generated content or information that you would like to keep confidential or that you do not want others to see or use (including but not limited to personal information, photos, videos, ideas, etc) to the Official Accounts.
- The Company does not accept or consider any unsolicited ideas or inventions, including ideas for new products, technologies, or processes. You should not submit or post any material to the Official Accounts that you consider confidential or proprietary, and any material that you do submit or post to the Official Accounts will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By posting any user-generated content to an Official Account, you hereby grant the Company an unrestricted, royalty-free, fully paid up, perpetual and irrevocable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, combine with other works, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, edit and display such content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. You specifically waive any moral rights in and to the content. You further agree that the Company has the right to use, without any payment or recognition to you, any concepts, know-how or ideas which you submit or post to an Official Account.
Copyright and Trademark
- The copyright to the information accessible from the Official Accounts is owned by the Company and its affiliated companies and is protected under the copyright laws of the relevant countries, treaties and any other applicable laws and regulations. It is prohibited to use for any private use by an individual, or to otherwise use (or copy, modify or distribute) the information on the Official Accounts beyond the extent that is authorized by the copyright laws without obtaining a prior approval by the Company.
- The trademarks, logos and service marks used on the Official Accounts are the properties of the Company and its affiliated companies. No license and right to use such trademarks, logos and service marks are granted to any user of an Official Account. It is prohibited to use, divert and reproduce such trademarks, logos and service marks without the Company's express approval.
- The Official Accounts are provided on an “as-is” and “as available” basis, without warranties of any kind, express or implied. The Company does not make any representation or warranty regarding the information or content on the Official Accounts in terms of their accuracy, completeness, currency, usefulness, or otherwise (or against errors or hazards including computer viruses).
- You assume full responsibility for your use of the Official Accounts. The Company shall not be responsible for any damages arising in relation to your access to and use of the Official Accounts.
- The Company shall not be responsible in the case that trouble or disputes occur between users or between users and any third party in relation to the Official Accounts.
- The Company shall not be responsible for the occurrence of any suspension, delay, interruption or error of the Official Accounts, whether due to breakdowns or maintenance work on computers or lines or other extraordinary circumstances.
- The Official Accounts are operated by the systems of each SNS operating company. The Company shall not respond to any inquiries regarding the operational status, functions, or usage of the systems, software, and applications of each SNS operating company, or any other technical inquiries. Your use of any SNS operating company is done at your own risk, and is subject to the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of each particular SNS operating company. The Company makes no representations or warranties regarding the functions and/or safety of accounts associated with any SNS operating company.
Precautions Regarding Information Posted in the Official Accounts by the Company
- The information posted on the Official Accounts by the Company is intended mainly to provide information on the business activities of the Company and other matters, not to provide investment advice, recommendation, and solicitation. Please use your own judgment when applying for investments, etc. In addition, some of the information posted on the Official Accounts may contain projections or other forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial performance of the Company. We wish to caution you that these statements are only predictions and that actual events or results may differ materially.
- Furthermore, the Company does not guarantee or warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information posted on the Official Accounts, and may change or abolish the content without warning. Please note in advance that the Company is not liable for errors and omissions in the information.
- The information posted on the Official Accounts does not necessarily express the official announcement or position of the Company. The Company's official announcement and position shall be released via the corporate website.
- The information posted on the Official Accounts is as of the time of its release, and may change depending on facts and circumstances after the transmission.
- Links to third party websites being shared on the Official Accounts are intended merely to provide additional information, and do not constitute support, endorsement or agreement by the Company to the contents of the link destination.
Handling of Personal Information
Please refer to the following site for information about our basic policy regarding personal information protection.
Changes to the Guidelines
The Company may make changes to these Guidelines without any prior notice. On such occasions, the Company will post the revised version, so please be sure to always use the Official Accounts only after confirming and agreeing to the latest Guidelines.
Note that the revised version of the Guidelines will also apply to any content posted before the revision to the Guidelines.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Guidelines are governed by the laws of Japan. The Tokyo District Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction with respect to any dispute arising between a user and the Company in connection with the use of the Official Accounts and associated services.
Please direct inquiries regarding the Official Accounts and the Company to the following site.