Policy on Environmental Control : Yokohama Dockyard & Machinery Works
Yokohama Dockyard & Machinery Works
Here at our Yokohama Dockyard & Machinery Works, we consider protection of the environment as one of the most important tasks of management at this facility and strive to limit the negative effect on the environment in our business activities. We also make concerted efforts to contribute to the construction of a society in which continuous, clean progress is possible through developing and offering technology and products related to the protection of the environment.
Policies for Activities
- e have established an environmental control organization with the primary group, the environmental protection committee, which acting in the capacity through a control system, prepares environmental control standards to ensure that environmental activities are smoothly implemented in compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
- We aim to accurately analyze the effects of our production activities, products and services from an environmental perspective and adjust our policy to the extent technologically and economically feasible in order to maximize continuous environmental improvement and minimize any pollution impact through cooperation continuous with neighboring areas.
- As our Yokohama Dockyard & Machinery Works faces directly onto the Port of Yokohama we take strenuous efforts to maintain only high quality of water being discharged from our facilities.
- In order to limit any environmental impact, we have strict controls on all facilities and work processes.
- We actively promote our "Zero Emission" activities to save our resources and energy.
- Our objective is to protect the environment by developing and offering highly efficient and originally developed environmental control systems and products for environmental preservation.
- We actively promote the development of energy saving products with high efficacy and waste recycling products and try to offer the products which contribute to preserving resources and energy.
- All employees of the Yokohama Dockyard & Machinery Works are encouraged to constantly deepen their understanding of our policies on environmental control and related problems through our environmental education, PR activities at the facilities and other such activities.
This policy on environmental control are made public both inside and outside the Works.