Tokyo, January 5, 2021 – Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (MHI) President and CEO Seiji Izumisawa today delivered a New Year’s address to employees. The following is a summary of his remarks.
- I would like to express my condolences to those afflicted by the coronavirus and their families, along with my heartfelt gratitude to medical workers and other professionals for their daily efforts to treat the infected and prevent any further spread of the disease.
- I would also like to thank all MHI Group employees for their support with helping to prevent infection in the workplace, and ask for your continued cooperation with infection control measures.
- We will make positive efforts to adapt to the reality of life with COVID-19, and pursue working style reforms.
Group-wide measures for the next leap forward
- MHI announced its 2021 Medium-Term Business Plan in October last year. The two key points are restoring and bolstering profitability, and developing business in growth areas. Amid a challenging business environment, this business plan aims to strengthen the company’s foundations to support our next leap forward.
- For developing business in growth areas, MHI is focusing on the two fields of Energy Transition, and New Mobility & Logistics. The key to success in these areas will be integrating products and technologies from MHI Group’s various businesses. This will be an effort that spans the MHI Group, and I know I can rely on your support.
Mindset for taking action
- “Own your work.” Take the initiative with an awareness of yourself as a professional.
- “Step out of your comfort zone.” Doing things as you’ve always done them will not produce innovation. Challenge yourself to try new things, including expanding cooperation outside the company, and spark innovation.
- “Speed.” Implement the PDCA cycle with a sense of urgency. This is something that I and the entire management team will be taking the lead in addressing.
To remain an essential part of society
- MHI Group conducts business with the support of its many customers, business partners, and shareholders. Earning the trust of those stakeholders is vital.
- Once more this year, let’s apply our full effort to business, in order to ensure that MHI Group continues to be an indispensable part of society.
Tags: President,New Year Message