Tokyo, March 29, 2018 - At its Board of Directors meeting held today, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (MHI) decided to nominate two Outside Directors (excluding membership on the Audit and Supervisory Committee) for approval at the 93rd Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders scheduled for June 21, 2018.
1. Nominees for Outside Director (Reappointment)
* Both nominees have been nominated for the position of Outside Director as stipulated in the Ordinance for Enforcement of the Companies Act, Article 2, Paragraph 3, Item 7. The three Outside Directors currently serving on the Audit and Supervisory Committee (Nobuo Kuroyanagi, Christina Ahmadjian, Shinichiro Ito) will remain in their positions.
2. Reference: Board of Directors as of June 21, 2018
|Director||Hideaki Omiya||Chairman of the Board|
|Shunichi Miyanaga*1||President and CEO|
|Masanori Koguchi*1||Senior Executive Vice President, CFO|
|Seiji Izumisawa*1||Executive Vice President, CSO, Head of Business Strategy Office|
|Naoyuki Shinohara*2||(Professor, The University of Tokyo, Policy Alternatives Research Institute)|
|Ken Kobayashi*2||(Chairman of the Board, Mitsubishi Corporation)|
(Audit and Supervisory Committee Member)
|Toshifumi Goto||Full-time Audit and Supervisory Committee Member|
|Hiroki Kato||Full-time Audit and Supervisory Committee Member|
|Nobuo Kuroyanagi*2||(Senior Advisor, The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.)|
|Christina Ahmadjian*2||(Professor, Hitotsubashi University Graduate School of Commerce and Management)|
|Shinichiro Ito*2||(Chairman of the Board, ANA Holdings Inc.)|
* 1: Representative Director
* 2: Outside Director as provided for in Article 2-15 of the Companies Act.
* 3: The positions of Outside Directors indicated are as of March 29, 2018.
About MHI Group
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) Group is one of the world’s leading industrial groups, spanning energy, smart infrastructure, industrial machinery, aerospace and defense. MHI Group combines cutting-edge technology with deep experience to deliver innovative, integrated solutions that help to realize a carbon neutral world, improve the quality of life and ensure a safer world. For more information, please visit www.mhi.com or follow our insights and stories on spectra.mhi.com.