Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Engineering, Ltd. (hereinafter "MHI-E") recognizes that all personal information managed and used in its business activities must be handled and protected with the utmost care. Therefore, MHI-E will follow the basic policy stated below.
- MHI-E will not acquire any personal information through false or other improper means.
- MHI-E will use personal information only to the extent and for the purposes specified, which will be announced or noticed to the persons to whom the information pertains.
- MHI-E will endeavor to keep such personal information accurate and up-to-date.
- MHI-E will take necessary and appropriate measures to maintain the security of such personal information.
- MHI-E will furnish its employees and contractors handling such personal information with the necessary and appropriate guidance and supervision.
- MHI-E will not provide personal information to any third party without the consent of the person involved.
- If MHI-E receives an inquiry from a person about the use or content of personal information related to that person, it will provide a reasonable response.
- If MHI-E receives any complaints regarding the handling of personal information, it will resolve such complaints in a prompt and appropriate manner.
- MHI-E will establish rules and management systems for proper handling and protection of personal information and will thoroughly adhere to them.
- MHI-E will engage in a strong effort to further enhance personal information protection systems by regularly reviewing and updating all rules and procedures regarding the handling of personal information, including this policy.
- MHI-E will comply with all applicable Japanese laws and regulations regarding the handling of personal information.
January 1, 2018
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Engineering, Ltd.
Shigehisa Kobayashi, President & CEO
For information regarding the business purposes, the practical handling method of personal information by MHI-E, refer to the following:
1．Use of Personal Information
We will acquire and use personal information only as needed for its business performance according to our business purposes. (See the Section 6.). The business purposes of personal
- To make applications for transactions between we and our customers and other parties concerned with its businesses; obtain confirmation regarding customers and other parties concerned; review and assess such transactions; execute and manage agreements; and conduct termination and other proceedings following termination of agreements with customers and contractors.
- To issue notices regarding improvement of our products and services and of associated products and services, and respond to customer inquiries regarding such products and services.
- To respond to inquiries about the products and services provided by parties having business relations with us.
- To confirm applications for and participation in various exhibitions and seminars, communicate with lecturers, and report on the results of studies and events to the persons involved, and also to provide visitors with access to our facilities.
- To make contact with the members of any organizations in which we are a member, and issue various notices from us according to the purposes of activity of such organizations.
- To send publications issued by us to persons who request them, and to distribute e-mails to the applicants for our electronic mailing service.
- To communicate and enter into joint contracts with various research institutes based on our R&D activities, to which the paragraph (1) above shall apply accordingly;
- To communicate with journalists and analysts in publicity activities.
- To receive applications for employment, communicate with and issue the notification of employment to the applicants, and other issues concerning recruitment activities.
- To communicate and conduct transactions with public accountants, attorneys and patent attorneys concerned with the business activities of us.
- To communicate with the officers, directors, employees or any related persons in the subsidiaries and affiliates of us in the course of performance of business activities other than those as stated above.
- To issue notices to our retired employees and to communicate with the families of our employees.
- To exchange necessary information between we and our cooperative, non-regular, temporary, part-time and student workers in execution of contracts with them and performance of their works.
- To receive personal information provided for any order-based works and to complete such works within our scope of business.
- To issue useful notices incidental to the above purposes of use from us and our group companies.
We may provide personal information to a third party with the approval of each respective individual, consign the handling of personal information, or share personal information with our group company to the extent that such personal information is required for the business purposes as stated above.
If any personal information is acquired or used for any other business purposes than those described above, a notice or announcement will be issued separately.
2．Possession of Personal Information
We possess and will possess personal information including names, addresses, telephone numbers, FAX numbers, e-mail addresses, gender, ages, memberships, departments and titles of our customers, suppliers and other related companies.
We does not acquire and possess any personal information that is not required for business purposes.
3．Personal Information Management
We will take necessary and appropriate measures to ensure the security of the personal information possessed by us and endeavor to maintain the contents of such personal information as accurate and up-to-date to the extent necessary for business purposes.
Personal information which is no longer necessary for business purposes will be disposed of promptly in an appropriate method.
4．Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
We will not provide the personal information of any person to any third party without such person's approval, except the following cases:
- the provision of the personal information will be suspended upon the individual's request and the matters stipulated for this provision in the Personal Information Protection Act are noticed or easily known to such person;
- the work of handling personal information is entrusted, in whole or in part, to any third party to the extent necessary for our business purposes. *provided, that a confidentiality agreement shall be entered into by and between we and such entrusted company and that we will provide necessary and appropriate supervision of such entrusted company
- that we will disclose the personal information of any specific person with any of its group companies to the extent necessary for business purposes. *provided that such disclosure, the nature of the disclosed personal information, the purposes of such disclosure, the name of the responsible party for the management of such personal information shall be noticed or easily known to the person whose personal information has been disclosed; and
- such disclosure of personal information to any third party is otherwise authorized under any applicable law or regulation.
5．Contact for Personal Information
For information regarding the specific business purposes, the disclosure, correction and suspension of use of the contents of personal information (hereinafter "inquiries about personal information"), contact the respective departments of us to which such personal information was provided. (To make inquiries about personal information, it is necessary to submit a completed request form including a valid form of identification. Request forms will be sent from us on request.)
In the event the department to which the personal information was provided is unknown, or for any inquiry for general information on the process of handling personal information, contact:
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Engineering, Ltd.
Mitsubishijuko Yokohama Bldg., 3-1, Minatomirai 3-chome, Nishi-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa, 220-8401, Japan
Tel.: +81- 045-200-9600
For contacts about personal information to our other locations, refer to “Location.”
Engineering, manufacture, procurement, construction, marketing and after-sale servicing of chemical plants, transportation systems and products, environmental products, etc., including ancillary businesses
How to Handle Personal Information on the Website
(1) Security in obtaining personal information
In obtaining the personal information of an MHI-E customer from the Website, MHI-E uses the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and other encrypting means to protect the personal information inputted through a communications link. The SSL is a general technology used for security of communications on Webnet, which can encrypt the input data before it is transmitted to Internet and prevent the input data from being intercepted or tapped. If you use any browser that is not compatible with the SSL, you could not access to this page from the intranet of your company due to the settings of Firewall or any other software.
(2) Collection of Browsing History
The Website may use the technology such as access logs or Cookie to acquire your browsing history for your more convenience of use of the Website. The collected historical information is used only for the purposes of higher convenience of use, monitoring the use conditions of the Website and statistic use such as sum-up and analysis for service planning and better service. Access logs include records of user IP addresses and part of the operating environment, but they cannot identify users. You can reject to receive Cookie or indicate a warning when you receive Cookie by setting the browser accordingly. If you reject to receive Cookie, you can use the MHI-E Website, but not a part of service.
MHI-E cannot have any responsibility for maintaining the security of your personal information on any other Website linked with the MHI-E Website. If you have any query or inquiry regarding the handling of personal information, make direct access to each relevant Website.