Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Compressor Corporation (hereinafter “MCO”) recognizes that all personal information managed and used in its business activities must be handled and protected with the utmost care. Therefore, MCO will follow the basic policy stated below.
- MCO will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other relevant laws, regulations and guidelines set forth by Japanese governmental authorities or other applicable governmental authorities.
- MCO will not acquire or use any personal information through false or other improper means.
- MCO will use personal information only to the extent and for the purposes specified, which will be announced or noticed to the persons to whom the information pertains.
- MCO will endeavor to keep such personal information accurate and up-to-date.
- MCO will take necessary and appropriate measures to maintain the security of such personal information.
- MCO will furnish its employees and contractors handling such personal information with the necessary and appropriate guidance and supervision.
- MCO will not provide personal information to any third party without the consent of the person involved.
- If MCO receives an inquiry from a person about the use or content of personal information related to that person, it will provide a reasonable response.
- If MCO receives any complaints regarding the handling of personal information, it will resolve such complaints in a prompt and appropriate manner.
- MCO will establish rules and management systems for proper handling and protection of personal information and will thoroughly adhere to them.
- MCO will engage in a strong effort to further enhance personal information protection systems by regularly reviewing and updating all rules and procedures regarding the handling of personal information, including this policy.
Updated: March 1, 2023
4-6-22, Kan-on-shin-machi, Nishi-ku, Hiroshima
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Compressor Corporation.
Satoshi Hoshi, President
For information regarding the business purposes, the practical handling method of personal information by MCO, refer to the following:
1. Use of Personal Information
MCO will acquire and use personal information only as needed for its business performance according to its business purposes. The business purposes of personal information are:
- To make applications for transactions between MCO and its customers and other parties concerned with its businesses; obtain confirmation regarding customers and other parties concerned; review and assess such transactions; execute and manage agreements; and conduct termination and other proceedings following termination of agreements with customers and contractors.
- To issue notices regarding improvement of MCO products and services and of associated products and services, and respond to customer inquiries regarding such products and services.
- To respond to inquiries about the products and services provided by parties having business relations with MCO.
- To confirm applications for and participation in various exhibitions and seminars, communicate with lecturers, and report on the results of studies and events to the persons involved, and also to provide visitors with access to MCO's facilities.
- To make contact with the members of any organizations in which MCO is a member, and issue various notices from MCO according to the purposes of activity of such organizations.
- To send publications issued by MCO to persons who request them, and to distribute e-mails to the applicants for the MCO electronic mailing service.
- To communicate and enter into joint contracts with various research institutes based on MCO's R&D activities, to which the paragraph (1) above shall apply accordingly; participate in academic societies; make recommendations for prizes awarded by academic societies; and make and manage joint patent applications.
- To communicate with journalists and analysts in publicity activities.
- To receive applications for employment, communicate with and issue the notification of employment to the applicants, and other issues concerning recruitment activities.
- To communicate and conduct transactions with public accountants, attorneys and patent attorneys concerned with the business activities of MCO.
- To communicate with the officers, directors, employees or any related persons in the subsidiaries and affiliates of MCO in the course of performance of business activities other than those as stated above.
- To issue notices to MCO's retired employees and to communicate with the families of MCO's employees.
- To exchange necessary information between MCO and its cooperative, non-regular, temporary, part-time and student workers in execution of contracts with them and performance of their works.
- To receive personal information provided for any order-based works and to complete such works within MCO's scope of business.
- To issue useful notices incidental to the above purposes of use from MCO and its group companies.
MCO may provide personal information to a third party with the approval of each respective individual, consign the handling of personal information, or share personal information with a MCO group company to the extent that such personal information is required for the business purposes as stated above.
If any personal information is acquired or used for any other business purposes than those described above, a notice or announcement will be issued separately.
2. Possession of Personal Information
MCO possesses and will possess personal information including names, addresses, telephone numbers, FAX numbers, e-mail addresses, gender, ages, memberships, departments and titles of its customers, suppliers and other related companies.
MCO does not acquire and possess any personal information that is not required for business purposes.
3. Personal Information Management
MCO will take necessary and appropriate measures to ensure the security of the personal information possessed by it and endeavor to maintain the contents of such personal information as accurate and up-to-date to the extent necessary for business purposes.
Personal information which is no longer necessary for business purposes will be disposed of promptly in an appropriate manner.
MCO takes the following main security control measures:
- Formulation of a basic policy
To ensure proper handling of personal data, MCO formulates a basic policy regarding compliance with related laws, regulations, guidelines, etc., a contact point for handling questions and complaints, and other matters.
- Establishment of rules regarding the handling of personal data
MCO formulates personal information protection rules that stipulate the responsible persons of the company and each department including their duties, as well as the way to handle personal data for each stage, including acquisition, use, management, provision and responding to requests from the concerned individual.
- Organizational security control measures
- MCO appoints the person and department responsible for protecting personal information for the company and assign a responsible person in each department to monitor employees, and maintains an organization for reporting to and notifying the responsible person in case of a violation or suspected violation of laws or the personal information protection rules.
- In cases where all or part of the handling of personal data is entrusted to a subcontractor, MCO selects the subcontractor in accordance with the personal information protection rules and concludes an agreement with the subcontractor that stipulates the matters concerning the protection of personal data.
- Personnel-based security control measures
- MCO incorporates personal information protection into company-wide periodic training, and appropriately conducts training in accordance with the needs of each department.
- MCO obtains confidentiality pledge covering personal information and stipulates in the employment rules that improper handling of personal information results in disciplinary action.
- Physical security control measures
- MCO establishes security measures and controls the entry and exit of persons for each factory, building, department and area, and implements measures for preventing unauthorized or unrelated persons from viewing or handling personal data.
- MCO implements measures for preventing the theft, loss of devices, electronic media, paper-based documents, etc. that contain personal data.
- Technology-based security control measures
- MCO controls the file server access for each department to limit the scope of the access so that only related departments can access to particular personal data.
- MCO introduces mechanisms for protecting information systems that handle personal data from external unauthorized access or malware.
- Understanding of the external environment
In cases of handling personal data in a country outside Japan, MCO confirms the legal systems regarding the protection of personal information in that country and implements security control measures.
4. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
MCO will not provide the personal information of any person to any third party without such person’s approval, except the following cases:
- With respect to the provision of personal information (excluding special care-required personal information, improperly acquired personal information and personal information provided by a personal information handling business operator) to third parties, the matters stipulated for the provision of personal information in the Personal Information Protection Act are noticed or easily known to such person and also reported to The Personal Information Protection Commission, provided that the provision of the personal information will be suspended upon the individual’s request;
- The work of handling personal information is entrusted, in whole or in part, to any third party to the extent necessary for MCO's business purposes.
- provided, that a confidentiality agreement shall be entered into by and between MCO and such entrusted company and that MCO will provide necessary and appropriate supervision of such entrusted company;
- MCO will disclose the personal information of any specific person with any of its group companies to the extent necessary for business purposes.
- provided that such disclosure, the nature of the disclosed personal information, the purposes of such disclosure, the name of the responsible party for the management of such personal information shall be noticed or easily known to the person whose personal information has been disclosed; and
- Such disclosure of personal information to any third party is otherwise authorized under any applicable law or regulation.
5. Contact for Personal Information
For information regarding the specific business purposes, the disclosure, correction and suspension of use of the contents of personal information (hereinafter “inquiries about personal information”), contact the respective departments of MCO to which such personal information was provided. (To make inquiries about personal information, it is necessary to submit a completed request form including a valid form of identification. Request forms will be sent from MCO on request.)
In the event the department to which the personal information was provided is unknown, or for any inquiry for general information on the process of handling personal information, contact:
4-6-22, Kan-on-shin-machi, Nishi-ku, Hiroshima, 733-8553 Japan
For contacts about personal information to MCO’s other locations, refer to this:
- Design, manufacture, sales, and engineering related to compressors, drive turbines, gear boxes, related equipment, and their control systems.
- Consultant and ancillary business for equipment related to the above products.
How to Handle Personal Information on the Website
(1) Security in obtaining personal information
In obtaining the personal information of an MCO customer from the Website, MCO uses the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and other encrypting means to protect the personal information inputted through a communications link. The SSL is a general technology used for security of communications on Webnet, which can encrypt the input data before it is transmitted to Internet and prevent the input data from being intercepted or tapped. If you use any browser that is not compatible with the SSL, you could not access to this page from the intranet of your company due to the settings of Firewall or any other software.
(2) Collection of Browsing History
The Website may use the technology such as access logs or Cookie to acquire your browsing history for your more convenience of use of the Website. The collected historical information is used only for the purposes of higher convenience of use, monitoring the use conditions of the Website and statistic use such as sum-up and analysis for service planning and better service.
Access logs include records of user IP addresses and part of the operating environment, but they cannot identify users.
You can reject to receive Cookie or indicate a warning when you receive Cookie by setting the browser accordingly. If you reject to receive Cookie, you can use the MCO Website, but not a part of service.
MCO cannot have any responsibility for maintaining the security of your personal information on any other Website linked with the MCO Website. If you have any query or inquiry regarding the handling of personal information, make direct access to each relevant Website.