Contributing to the SDGs Through Our Business
Initiatives for Sustainability Management
The Machinery Systems segment of Plants & Infrastructure Systems, which is where we are positioned, has formulated three measures and is committed to sustainability management.
Business Initiatives in the 2021 Medium-Term Business Plan
- Enhance management efficiency through internal resource sharing and flexible mobilization of human resources
- Strengthen sale of products and expand services focusing on adding value to customers' needs through the utilization of DX
- Accelerate development of new products and new businesses combining technologies
View the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Group Integrated Report.
Products and Initiatives that Contribute to the Environment
Some of our products that contribute to reducing environmental impact.
As a manufacturing corporation that contributes to societal progress through its business endeavors, we are committed to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Whether it is reducing vehicle exhaust emissions by easing traffic congestion through the use of ITS equipment, laying the foundation for industry and technological innovation through full-scale wind tunnels for WLTP (Note1) certification, or providing gas holders in order to safely store gas at steelworks, we are contributing to the realization of a sustainable society through product development.
Products link to the official MHI website.
- Full-scale Wind Tunnels for WLTP (Note1) CertificationContributing to improved aerodynamic performance of vehicles and improved fuel economy.
- ITSEquipment Helping to reduce vehicle emissions by easing traffic congestion.
- Gas HoldersEffective use of energy in steelworks, chemical plants, etc.
- Box Making MachineryEnergy saving types developed to reduce the amount of energy consumed.
Significant reduction of ink loss and washing water volume, reduction in loss rate by creating high-quality boxes.
- Food and Packaging MachineryEnergy saving types developed to reduce the amount of energy consumed. DLC coating (Note2) improves the quality of PET bottles in order to reduce logistics costs.
- 1WLTP: Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedures
- 2Chemical vapor deposition of a diamond-like carbon (DLC) film