Traveling Wind Technician
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Education Required:||High School or Equivalent|
|Career Level:||1 to 4 year(s) experience required|
|Salary Range||$26 - $32 per hour|
This position requires you to apply your electro-mechanical skills and experience in determining, performing, and the inspection of maintenance and repair requirements for assigned Wind Turbines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Technicians are required to weigh 270 pounds or less due to fall protection equipment limitations;
- Perform diagnosis and repair to Wind Turbines as directed by the Site Supervisor and prepare and maintain proper documentation to support the repairs, to include parts usage and time worked;
- Perform quality control inspections on repairs and maintenance functions provided by maintenance or repair sub-contractors. Prepare timely and concise reports regarding inspections to insure proper steps are taken to remedy any deficiencies;
- Interact closely with onsite maintenance sub-contractor’s employees and provide guidance and training when applicable;
- Be proactive in regards to wind turbine counter measures or enhancements that may be needed and assist in the development of such procedure’s as required;
- Assist with new installation and commissioning of Wind Turbines at any Diamond site location on an “as needed” basis;
- Assist with cost control management of the site to include: review of sub-contractor’s daily service reports which include hours worked and parts usage. Assure proper procedures are followed by sub-contractor during troubleshooting, repairs, or counter measure installations.
Assure proper procedures are followed by sub-contractor to perform regular scheduled maintenance activities. Strive to keep maintenance costs low and quality high.
- Comply with all Safety policies and procedures and report any violation to the Site Supervisor immediately;
- Travel up to and including 100% at the various Diamond maintained facilities across the United States.
- Assist the Site Supervisor in effectively maintaining parts inventory to include initiation or continuance of inventory stock and issuance system for spare parts and defective parts control and communication;
- Attend training courses, seminars, or “on the job” instruction as directed by the Company;
- Protect Company confidential information by not communicating, disclosing, or using for benefit of third parties and maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- And, perform such other duties as may be required from time to time by the company.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as Site Safety Officer for assigned field operations and comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- In order to safely complete vision requirements, technicians must be able to discern colors;
Knowledge, Skills & Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Minimum education requirement is high school completion and at least one to two (1-2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts, to include fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of database, project management, spreadsheet and word processing software, electronic mail, graphics, technical diagrams, flow charts, etc.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to stand, walk, and climb a ladder to heights up to 300’, discern colors and meet body weight restrictions of 270 pounds. Frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.