The Mitsubishi Minatomirai Industrial Museum was temporarily closed to avoid chances of spreading COVID -19, but reopening is planned from July 1 (Wednesday).
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, but in order to prevent infections, limitations on the number of visitors at a time and some changes to tour rules are being implemented in addition to the suspension of some exhibits. Please make sure to check out the below information before visiting the facility.
Implementation of Measures to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- Temperature check
- Wearing a mask
- Hand disinfection
- Disinfection and cleaning of exhibitions and facilities
- Proper etiquette when coughing
- Observation of social distancing
- Limit on the number of visitors
- Suspension of some exhibits
People who have the following are asked to refrain from entering the facility
- Fever higher than 37.5 °C
- Have symptoms such as cough or sore throat
- Has had close contact with a person positive for COVID -19
- Has a history of or been in close contact with a person visiting in the last two weeks countries or regions which the Japanese government has set restrictions on entry from or has required quarantine period upon entry.
Requests to Visitors
- Please wear a mask (excluding infants under 2 years of age).
- Please check your temperature and disinfect your hands when you enter.
- Please mind proper etiquette when coughing.
- Please cooperate with social distancing and maintain 2 meters apart between visitors.
- If you feel sick during the tour, please let the staff know immediately.
- Re-entry on the same day will be suspended for the time being.
- Group entry will be suspended for the time being.
- Lockers and luggage storage services are discontinued.
- During the tour, museum staff may ask for your cooperation in avoiding close contact.
Restriction on the number of visitors
We will limit the number of visitors to 100 people at the same time.
- If there are many visitors, we will give you a numbered ticket.
The parts of the museum listed below are currently out of service.
- Simulators such as "MRJ Flight Simulator" and "SUPER SHINKAI"
- Touch panel experience contents such as "Aircraft Challenge" and " Sea Mechanimal"
- Entrance to exhibition corners with narrow spaces such as "Frontier Theater", "Kibo Japan Experiment Module", " Rocket Engine Factory", "In the MRJ cabin", etc.
- Commemorative photo corner such as "spacesuit replica"
- "Kids' ground" (Preschool Children's Corner)
- Hands-on exhibitions such as "Hands-on Corner"
- Exhibition of books such as "SHIRABEBA"
Suspension of Events
- For the time being, we have cancelled various events, workshops and planned exhibitions, including the daily science experiments.
- Online events and videos will be announced on the website and on social media as soon as they are confirmed.
Changes may be made without prior notice depending on the ongoing situation. We appreciate your understanding.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but we ask for your understanding and cooperation in preventing infection and spread.