Policy and Guidelines on Environmental Matters
We at MHI NS Engineering Co., Ltd. recognize the overriding importance of environmental conservation as a crucial issue for human beings. With this recognition, we leverage our entire organization to reduce the impact of our activities on the environment and take thoroughgoing action to conserve the environment and realize a sustainable society.
We are always aware of the environmental impacts of our activities in the following businesses: development and design of nuclear power plants, nuclear fuel cycle plants, and plants in other energy-related fields; planning and design of vessels, construction machinery, aerospace equipment, and various plants, tools, machinery, and equipment in other fields, and related manufacturing and installation; electrical and instrumentation work, design of digital control units, and related manufacturing and installation; development and design of computer software and related equipment and devices, and related consultation and sales; and analysis, measuring, maintenance, maintenance management, after-sales service, quality assurance-related work, inspection work, and material accountancy work in relation to the preceding businesses.
To harmonize our activities with the environment, we promote environmental management based on the following guidelines:
- We stay ever mindful of the environmental effects of our activities, products, and services, strive to prevent environmental pollution, and continuously improve our environmental management activities.
- We strictly observe our environmental obligations as required by law as they relate to our activities, products and services.
- We strive to advance in the following endeavors as priority environmental management themes, in order to reduce the environmental impacts of our activities, products, and services.
(1) Environment-conscious design (development and design of products)
(2) Reduced return and revision ratios for drawings (improvement of design quality)
(3) Active promotion of proposals for improvement (enlightenment activity)
(4) Development of the understanding and dispatch of environmental information (enlightenment activities)
(5) Improving environmental consciousness (environmental harmony)
- We make our environmental policy and guidelines on environmental matters thoroughly known to our employees and keep them available to the public to ensure that every one of us can take up practices that will reduce our impacts on the environment.
- We strive to raise our awareness on environmental improvement through environmental education and internal newsletters and to take part in rigorous environment-improvement activities in harmony with activities undertaken in neighboring areas.
We at MHI NS Engineering Co., Ltd. set and regularly review environmental management targets to enable us to carry out this policy with success.
Established on August 1, 2004
Revised on July 25, 2021
Kouske Yasuda, President and CEO
MHI NS Engineering Co., Ltd.