Components & Technologies
MNES offers a wide range of inspection systems and replacement components to ensure plant assets remain reliable, dependable and fully operational. The services and components that MNES can provide to your plant are Reactor Vessel Heads (RVHs), Reactor Vessel Internals (RVI), Pressurizers (PZR), Steam Generators (SG), and Control Rod Drive Mechanisms. If there is a component or service your plant requires and it is not listed below, please contact us to discuss your specific need.
- Reactor Vessel Heads (RVH) Mitsubishi's latest generation RVH utilizes many improved design features and manufacturing techniques to both reduce residual tensile stresses and augment corrosion resistance. Benefits include: 1) the Canopy-less Design improves the reliability of the pressure boundary. To date, of the 1,500 Mitsubishi replacement CRDMs installed in the industry, none have had any leakage issues; 2) The Package In/Package Out approach eliminates site welding of CRDMs, decreasing schedule and project risk; 3) Single Piece Forgings to ensure material strength and reliability; and 4) Alloy 690 Penetration and Narrow Gap J-Welding for enhanced resistance to PWSCC.
- Reactor Vessel Internals (RVI) Mitsubishi completed the world's first all-in-one piece replacement of the upper and lower reactor internals at Ikata Unit 1 in Japan. This innovative replacement process enables the extraction of the existing reactor internals from the reactor vessel and containment without cutting into smaller pieces. This in turn enables the replacement to be achieved in a shorter time duration with significantly reduced worker dosage. Since Ikata 1, MHI has performed 3 additional RVI replacements at Japanese plants.
- Pressurizers One MHI designed and manufactured replacement pressurizer has been successfully delivered and installed in the U.S. at the Fort Calhoun station.
- Steam Generators (SG) Since producing its first steam generator in 1970 for the Mihama Unit 2, Mitsubishi has continuously improved the component design and functionality. More than 100 steam generators, including replacement units, have been designed and manufactured by Mitsubishi and delivered around the world.
- Control Rod Drive Mechanisms (CRDM) More than 1,500 CRDMs have been successfully delivered and installed all over the world including 517 CRDMs for U.S. units. MHI is the only company in the world to manufacturer both RVHs and CRDMs in-house by a single company. This unique MHI capability has decreased overall schedule and project risk. To date, of the 1,500 Mitsubishi replacement CRDMs installed in the industry, none have had any leakage issues.