Mitsubishi Heavy Industries – Mahajak Air Conditioners Co., Ltd. (hereinafter "MACO") recognizes that all personal information managed and used in its business activities must be handled and protected with the utmost care. Therefore, MACO will follow the basic policy stated below.
- MACO will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other relevant laws, regulations and guidelines set forth by Japanese governmental authorities or other applicable governmental authorities.
- MACO will not acquire any personal information through false or other improper means.
- MACO will use personal information only to the extent and for the purposes specified, which will be announced or noticed to the persons to whom the information pertains at or before the time of collection.
- MACO will endeavor to keep such personal information accurate and up-to-date.
- MACO will take necessary and appropriate measures to maintain the security of such personal information.
- MACO will furnish its employees and contractors handling such personal information with the necessary and appropriate guidance and supervision.
- MACO will not provide personal information to any unaffiliated third party without the consent of the person involved, other than (i) as required by applicable law, or (ii) to our service providers for legitimate business purposes.
- If MACO receives an inquiry from a person about the use or content of personal information related to that person, it will provide a reasonable response.
- If MACO receives any complaints regarding the handling of personal information, it will resolve such complaints in a timely and appropriate manner.
- MACO will establish rules and management systems for proper handling and protection of personal information and will thoroughly adhere to them.
- MACO will engage in a strong effort to further enhance personal information protection systems by regularly reviewing and updating all rules and procedures regarding the handling of personal information, including this policy.
Updated: April 1, 2020
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries – Mahajak Air Conditioners Co., Ltd
Yoshihiro Ito, President
For information regarding the business purposes, the practical handling method of personal information by MACO, refer to the following:
1. Use of Personal Information
MACO will acquire and use personal information only as needed or helpful for its business performance according to its business purposes. The business purposes of personal information are:
- To make applications for transactions between MACO and its customers and other parties concerned with its businesses; obtain confirmation regarding customers and other parties concerned; review and assess such transactions; execute and manage agreements; and conduct termination and other proceedings following termination of agreements with customers and contractors.
- To issue notices regarding improvement of MACO products and services and of associated products and services, and respond to customer inquiries regarding such products and services.
- To respond to inquiries about the products and services provided by parties having business relations with MACO.
- To allow its shareholders to perform their rights and to perform obligations to its shareholders in accordance with the Companies Act; facilitate the implementation of various policies to ensure efficient communications with its shareholders; create data under certain standards in accordance with applicable laws and regulations; and other measures to facilitate the mutual understanding between MACO and its shareholders.
- To confirm applications for and participation in various exhibitions and seminars, communicate with lecturers, and report on the results of studies and events to the persons involved, and also to provide visitors with access to MACO's facilities.
- To make contact with the members of any organizations in which MACO is a member, and issue various notices from MACO according to the purposes of activity of such organizations.
- To send publications issued by MACO to persons who request them, and to distribute e-mails to the applicants for the MACO electronic mailing service.
- To communicate and enter into joint contracts with various research institutes based on MACO's R&D activities, to which the paragraph a. above shall apply accordingly; participate in academic societies; make recommendations for prizes awarded by academic societies; and make and manage joint patent applications.
- To communicate with journalists and analysts in publicity activities.
- To receive applications for employment, communicate with and issue the notification of employment to the applicants, and other issues concerning recruitment activities.
- To communicate and conduct transactions with public accountants, attorneys and patent attorneys concerned with the business activities of MACO.
- To communicate with the officers, directors, employees or any related persons in the subsidiaries and affiliates of MACO in the course of performance of business activities other than those as stated above.
- To issue notices to MACO's retired employees and to communicate with the families of MACO's employees.
- To issue notices to supporters of MACO's amateur baseball, marathon and rugby teams regarding activities of the respective associations.
- To exchange necessary information between MACO and its cooperative, non-regular, temporary, part-time and student workers in execution of contracts with them and performance of their works.
- To receive personal information provided for any order-based works and to complete such works within MACO's scope of business.
- To personalize or improve MACO’s website experience and to deliver content relevant to the interests of our website visitors, including targeted advertising through our website or third-party websites.
- To fulfill the reason the information was provided to MACO.
- To conduct business activities incidental or related to the above business purposes.
MACO may provide personal information to a third party with the approval of each respective individual, consign the handling of personal information to a third party, or share personal information with subsidiaries and/or affiliates of MACO to the extent that such personal information is required for a business purpose as stated above.
(Please see the following [4. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties]and [5. Joint Use of Personal Information])
If any personal information is acquired or used for any other business purposes than those described above, a notice or announcement will be issued separately.
2. Possession of Personal Information
MACO possesses and will possess personal information including, without limitation,names, addresses, telephone numbers, FAX numbers, e-mail addresses, gender, ages, memberships, departments and titles of its customers, suppliers and other related companies.
MACO does not acquire and possess any personal information that is not intended for the business purposes listed above (See [1. Use of Personal Information]).
3. Personal Information Management
MACO will take necessary and appropriate measures to ensure the security of the personal information possessed by it and endeavor to maintain the contents of such personal information are accurate and up-to-date to the extent necessary for business purposes.
Personal information which is no longer necessary for business purposes will be disposed of in an appropriate manner.
4. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
- The matters stipulated for the provision of personal information in the Personal Information Protection Act are noticed or easily known to such person and also reported to The Personal Information Protection Commission, provided that the provision of the personal information will be suspended upon the individual’s request;
- The work of handling personal information is entrusted, in whole or in part, to any third party to the extent necessary for MACO's business purposes.
- Provided, that an agreement protecting the confidentiality of personal information shall be entered into by and between MACO and such entrusted company and that MACO will provide necessary and appropriate supervision of such entrusted company;
- MACO will share the personal information of any specific person with one or more of its subsidiaries and/or affiliates to the extent necessary for business purposes (See 「5. Joint Use of Personal Information」).; and
- Such disclosure of personal information to any third party is otherwise authorized or required under any applicable law or regulation.
5. Joint Use of Personal Information
MACO may share the personal information acquired by MACO with one or more of its subsidiaries and/or affiliates for the above business purposes (See [1. Use of Personal Information]), provided MACO shall remain responsible for the security of the same. Such personal information may include, without limitation, the names of customers and other parties concerned with MACO's businesses and their work or home addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail addresses, genders, ages, associated organizations and departments and professional titles.
6. Contact for Personal Information
For information regarding the specific business purposes, the disclosure, correction and suspension of use of the contents of personal information (hereinafter "inquiries about personal information"), contact the respective departments of MACO to which such personal information was provided. (To make inquiries about personal information, it is necessary to submit a completed request form including a valid form of identification. Request forms will be sent from MACO on request.)
In the event the department to which the personal information was provided is unknown, or for any inquiry for general information on the process of handling personal information, contact:
Marketing & Sales Department
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries – Mahajak Air Conditioners Co., Ltd.
220 Soi Chalongkrung 31 Lamplatiew, Lad Krabang, Bangkok 10520, Thailand
How We Handle Personal Information on Our Website
(1) Security in obtaining personal information
In obtaining the personal information of a visitor to the MACO Website, MACO uses a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and other encrypting means to protect the personal information inputted through a communications link or otherwise observed through visitor Website activity. The SSL is a general technology used for security of communications on Webnet, which can encrypt the input data before it is transmitted over the Internet and prevent the input data from being intercepted or tapped. If you use any browser that is not compatible with the SSL, you would not be able access to this page, such as from the intranet of your company due to firewall or other software settings.
(2) Collection of Browsing History
The Website collects information from your device in order to improve our services and provide a better user experience. The information collected includes, for example, server access logs including system information and IP address, cookies and web beacons.
The collected information is anonymous and it is not possible for MACO to readily identify any specific individual or user.
You can reject cookies or get a warning when receiving a cookie by setting your browser accordingly. If you reject all cookies, you can still use the Website, but some parts might not function properly. Contact the manufacturer or provider of your browser for details on how to change the settings.
MACO disclaims any responsibility for maintaining the security of your personal information on any other Website linked with the MACO Website. If you have any query or inquiry regarding the handling of personal information by such other Websites, make direct inquiries to each such Website.