Corporate social responsibility (CSR)
MCO Compliance Guidelines
As a company, as employees, and as individuals, we will observe the laws, the rules of society, company regulations, and other rules, and will conduct appropriate business activities by appropriate means. In addition we will ensure strict compliance in order to exist in harmony with society as a good corporate citizen, and to function as healthy and active human beings.
MCO has acquired the M-EMS (Eco Action Edition) certification which is recognized by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. and we have positioned efforts for environmental protection as one of the most important issues for our business. The company is working together as a whole to preserve and protect the environment.
The MCO basic environmental policy is the following. As stated in the first article of our company creed, ″We strongly believe that the customer comes first and that we are obligated to be an innovative partner to society.″ We therefore consider it our primary duty to contribute to the advancement of society through our business activities.
Consequentially, we recognize that our company is a member of society, and by sharing the social responsibilities and functions of our company with regard to the environment among all employees, we are working to conserve energy and resources in our business activities, as well as to expand sales of products that are designed to reduce environmental impacts through reduced energy consumption and longer product lifetimes. In this way, we are contributing to the construction of a society capable of sustainable growth. In addition to conserving office supplies, electricity, and water, and performing company volunteer activities, one of our company’s key environmental efforts is providing our customers with products and services that are designed for environmental performance by applying the extensive energy-saving and lifetime-extending technologies that our company has developed. Our business activities themselves contribute to society, and we have earned the satisfaction and understanding of our customers.
Health, Safety, Security and the Environment (HSSE)
MCO will conduct business activities under the basic policies on health, safety, security, and environment (HSSE) which were established with the understanding that we have a social responsibility to avoid accidents from any business activities and to preserve the environment by ensuring the protection of health and safety and the implementation of a crisis management plan in the course of conducting business activities under the Corporate Principles and the HSSE Principles.
HSSE abbreviation stands for Health, Safety, Security, and Environment.
|Health||Provide a working environment that is safe, healthy, and comfortable for employees at work.|
|Safety||Ensure personal and physical workplace safety and maintain product quality.|
|Security||Prevent threats posed by crimes, disaster, and other emergencies and respond appropriately to emergency situations.|
|Environment||Preserve regional and global environments.|
- It is our social responsibility to protect health, safety, and the environment and to ensure security.
- We will take responsible action to create an injury- and illness-free workplace.
- We will push forward effective HSSE measures voluntarily.
Health and Safety Management Policy
MCO places health and safety efforts as one of the key initiatives in business operation. Every employee of MCO and supporting companies will proactively participate in health and safety activities to maintain and improve a safe, healthy, and comfortable work environment that ensures employees work cheerfully and vigorously in every aspect of business activities.
Security (Crisis Management) Policy
MCO will develop systems to promptly provide the top management with accurate information on risks which can potentially threaten the company’s existence when those risks are present or foreseeable. In the event of disaster, we will resume business operations in a shortest period based on BCP while giving top priority to saving lives.
MCO is aware that businesses are members of society. We will contribute to the development of a sustainable society by striving for reducing burden on the environment in all aspects of our business activities and devoting our comprehensive technological capabilities to the development of technologies and products that will protect the environment.
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Compressor Corporation will fulfill our social responsibilities through sound corporate activities. We will strive to protect the earth’s environment in a global perspective, contributing to the sustainable development of society.
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Compressor Corporation and its affiliated companies engage in the development, manufacturing, sales, and service of compressors as core business activities. We will act proactively in accordance with the guiding principles below in the course of the business activities to aim at sustainably reducing environmental burden and improving the environment of our society based on the environmental mission statement.
- Recognize that protecting and harmonizing with the global environment are high business priorities. Establish environmental objectives and promote continual and systematic initiatives for environmental protection and performance improvement through our business.
- Accurately understand the environmental impact of our business activities, products, and services, striving for the prevention of environmental pollution along with the promotion of environmental protection activities under our environmental management system.
- Comply with environmental laws, regulations, and agreements as well as other requirements we agree on and establish voluntary standards to preserve the environment.
- Strive to reduce the environmental burden of products by means such as pollution prevention, resource conservation, energy saving, waste reduction, reuse, and recycle in all aspects of our operations from R&D, sales, design, raw material procurement, manufacturing, transport, use, and service through to disposal.
- Provide environment-friendly products and services.
- Conduct overseas business activities and export our products with due consideration to the impact on the local natural and social environment to strive for environmental conservation and protection.
- This environmental statement will be disseminated to all employees through environment training and education to raise environmental awareness and made available to the public as part of public relations activities.