Business Development Account Manager, Commercial
|Location:||Remote (contiguous U.S.)|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Salary Range:||$106.6K → $121.9K/Annual|
This individual is essential to developing new business opportunities as well as increasing sales of wind turbine parts/services. The position works closely with other departments to drive new business opportunities and sales. Remote position will be considered, and position requires easy access to major airports.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Contact existing and new customers to develop business relationships.
- Work with customers at their project sites or corporate head office to provide elective maintenance and part sales proposals.
- Prepare and present commercial presentations to customers.
- Maintain databases that track customer and/or project opportunities.
- Develop a thorough understanding of company products and services.
- Develop sales and marketing strategies to increase sales & profit.
- Attend conferences or other industry forums as assigned.
- Forecast future market requirements and develop sales targets.
- Support internal discussions to assess the viability of offerings.
- Develop proposals and quotations, inform customer evaluations, and report on status.
- Input on technical/performance requirements, commercial terms, and price to win business.
- Understand commercial terms and ensure transactions comply with agreed terms.
- Facilitate project management of awards by cross-departmental coordination.
- Support the success of new business awards as assigned on a case-by-case basis.
- Report on lost orders. Inform management of competitive products and marketing practices.
- Submit periodic reports regarding acceptance or rejection of products & service offerings.
- Solicit customer feedback and document customer complaints and customer satisfaction.
- Solicit wind technician, engineering, and project management feedback to document lessons learned.
- Initiate non-conformance reviews for part failures or service failures.
- Handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts.
- Travel expectation of 50%.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills & Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Technical trade degree or a degree from a four-year college or university and at least three (3) years of experience in the energy industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Operations experience in the wind industry a plus.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Communication skills: Ability to work effectively with executive, management, and employees with varying educational, professional, and cultural background using verbal and written communication. Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts, to include fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of database, spreadsheet and word processing software, electronic mail, graphics, technical diagrams, flow charts, etc.
- Other Skills: Ability to flourish with broad guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to stand, walk, and climb a ladder to heights up to 300', discern colors and meet body weight restrictions of 270 pounds. Frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.