Administrative Assistant, Sales Support
|Location:||Portland, Oregon area or Remote (contiguous U.S.)|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Education Required:||High School or Equivalent|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|
|Salary Range:||$23 - $25 per hour depending on Experience|
Administrative Support for Afterservice Parts Sale activities for Wind Turbine components. This individual is responsible to help track business opportunities by ensuring spare parts activities, follow process and policies, with the correct data in the ERP system.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of proposals and quotations, clarify and supplement bids/quotes. Report the status of the evaluation to Vice President, Commercial.
- Work closely with various in-house departments (Technical, Sourcing, Logistics & Planning, Warehouse) to verify availability of parts and services for sales.
- Utilize ERP system (SAP) to ensure customer orders are processed and fulfilled.
- Communicate with warehouse closely relating to parts shipment. Gather all necessary documents for invoicing. Prepare accrual report for parts delivered but have not yet been invoiced.
- Assist in the execution of sales/marketing strategy/approach to achieve sales and profit goals.
- Assist in establishing competitive/reliable parts sourcing in United States.
- Maintain and update Universal Parts Price List as necessary.
- Assist Vice President, Commercial with additional projects as needed.
- Attend training courses, seminars, or "on the job" instruction as directed by the Company;
- Perform such other duties as may be required from time to time by the company.
Knowledge, Skills & Education
- Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or at least three (3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, or technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, and customers.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of commercial or contracting instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of database, project management, spreadsheet and word processing software, electronic mail, graphics, technical diagrams, flow charts, etc.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to stand, walk, and climb a ladder to heights up to 300', discern colors and meet body weight restrictions of 270 pounds. Frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.